Friday, January 25, 2008

Problems Problems

Apparently the state of Michigan will now issue drivers licenses only to permanent residents and citizens. How are the FOB desis that are going to come to Michigan from this time forward supposed to get groceries and make trips to Wal-mart or IKEA, especially in the winter? Or for that matter, rent a car to go from strange airports to whatever their travel destination is. I understand the need for increased security on the process of issuing state ID's, but for the life of me I can’t see how this is a reasonable rule and I am almost certain they will have to amend it real soon to take into account the needs of what must be a large number of people whose life this is going to mess up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am afraid this localized news just doesn't interest me !! Looking forward to more refreshing blogs and theoretical physics explanations..sorry for being so candid..

CuriousCat said...

Thanks for your comment Suds...posts that will be of more interest to you coming up once I am out of my present bottle neck!